Lagos teenager on holiday electrocuted while charging phone
A teenager, Chibuike Emmanuel, has reportedly died from electrocution in Ozoro in the Isoko North Local Government Area of Delta State.
It was reported that the 18 year old was electrocuted around 5pm on Tuesday while charging his Iphone 8 with electricity.
A community source, on Wednesday said the incident was reported to the police around 7pm on Tuesday by his mother’s friend, who brought him from Lagos State to spend his holiday in Ozoro.
The victim was said to have lain on the floor in the residence of his mother’s friend and placed the Iphone on his chest while charging and slept off.
“It was in that process that the victim was electrocuted. He was rushed to the Okeleke Hospital for resuscitation, but was confirmed dead.
“The remains of the deceased have been deposited at the Bromic private mortuary in Ozoro awaiting autopsy”,, the source said.
The state Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Bright Edafe, confirmed the incident.